You don’t want your readers pulled out of your story by poor formatting and design, right?
We’ll help you craft your book to create an immersive reading experience so your readers stay glued to your story
Our typesetters have over 25 years’ experience in the publishing industry and offer trade-publisher quality results at independent prices
A book’s cover plays a crucial role in enticing potential buyers from the outside, but the inside of your book also needs to maintain that professional standard to create an immersive reading experience.
Typesetting is both an art and a science, maintaining a fine balance between book layout design and structural layout to produce a polished, publish-ready print book for the commercial marketplace. In the eyes of your potential buyers, this gives you a level of professionalism that will instill confidence in buyers.
Our professional typesetters will take your manuscript file and craft a print layout design that matches the theme and genre of your book.
Here’s what you’ll get
A publish-ready PDF file
No formatting errors or problems. We give you a complete print-ready file. All you need to do is upload the PDF to your printer.
Trade-publisher quality typesetting
Attract and impress readers and industry agents because your book will look just like any other book from the major publishers.
Created to match your printer’s specifications
The creation of your book can all be taken care of for you, including typesetting to meet your chosen printer’s specifications, allowing you to focus on other things without the stress.
You’ll be able to review your PDF and suggest any changes you would like made.
You won’t be left out in the cold after your project is complete. We’re here if you have any questions or problems.
Our typesetting service (print layout design) can include the following
- Chapter heading design
- font selection
- text flow with correct indents
- running headers and footers
- copyright page layout
- drop caps
- tables and indexes
- lists and bullets
- layout of photos and images
- front and back matter, including dedication and call to action pages.
We create print ready files for leading printers
Lightning Source – Createspace – IngramSpark – Lulu – Any third party printer
Pricing starts from just $145
Your project will be accurately quoted, based on word count and complexity.
See some of our typesetting/print layout examples below
What we need from you to start
- Before you send us your manuscript file, make sure it meets our Manuscript File Preparation Checklist. Just take a few moments to follow the steps. This simply allows us to keep costs and time to a minimum, and makes your project run much smoother.
- Your illustrations and graphic elements as individual files.
How the process works
1. Click the green quote button to complete the form with the services you would like.
2. You’ll be greeted by one of our friendly staff, who will request your complete, edited manuscript in a ‘Word.doc’ or ‘.docx’ file format for evaluation. We’ll then be able to provide an accurate quote and start date.
3. Once you’ve received your quote and are happy to move forward, you’ll receive a secure PayPal invoice and a schedule start time for your project.
Typesetting services FAQs
Q. Will typesetting mean my book will be thoroughly edited too?
A. No, typesetting is the next step after your book has been edited. Typesetting is the interior design/layout of your book, using your final edited manuscript.
Q. How long will typesetting take?
A. The average 60k-word book will usually take between 3-5 business days to receive your typeset sample for review. Then approximately another week to complete, depending on the complexity of your book.
Q. What files do you accept?
A. We accept Microsoft Word files including; .docx, .doc and .rtf.
Q. I have a question that’s not covered here. How can I contact you?
A. We would love to answer your question. Simply contact us here and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Q. How many changes can I make?
A. Up to 2 rounds of revision are available which includes fixes. Significant changes or additional content added will incur an additional fee.