When publishing and distributing your print book and Kindle edition to Amazon of the same book title, it’s important to have the two versions linked together on Amazon.
Once linked, both editions will appear available on the sales page of your book listing and all reviews will be visible for both editions.
This is something Amazon’s database should do automatically within 24-48 hours of publishing your book. Sometimes it doesn’t happen. If you find this is the case for your books in the future, just send a request to Amazon via your KDP Dashboard.
Here’s how to do this:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Dashboard
- Then click the ‘Community’ tab at the top of the page
- Click on the ‘Help Pages’ link in the paragraph at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the right click the ‘Contact Us’ button
- In the menu on the left click ‘Product Page’
- Click on ‘Linking Print and Kindle Editions’
You’ll see a message box.
- In the message subject line write ‘Link Print and Kindle Edition‘
- Then write your Kindle edition ASIN (found on your book listing in the KDP Dashboard) and enter your print edition ISBN.
- Click ‘Send Message’ at the bottom and you’re done!
You should get a confirmation email from Amazon that your books are linked. On average it takes about 24-48 hours for this to take effect.
Keep up the hustle!