Facebook recently added a new Facebook feature which allows you to schedule your status updates right on your page, without having to leave Facebook. One of the big reasons many use third party applications such as Hootsuite or Socialoomph is for the ability to schedule posts in advance.
This short video shows you:
- Where to find the new feature
- How to schedule a post, by year, month, date and time
- Viewing your scheduled post from your admin panel
- How to manage, edit/delete the scheduled post
Why is this great for authors?
- This feature allows you to map out your posts according to your content strategy
- You can manage your time better by having a post ready to schedule while you are at an event or launch, without having to whip out your phone and make a manual post while you are there
- It allows you to deliver content and updates to those in any timezone
This new Facebook feature is quick and easy to use which is key for executing planned status posts and the impromptu post ideas you come up with. Is it enough for me to completely move away from Hootsuite? I don’t think so, as there’s many other features such as feeds and hashtag monitoring. Facebook’s new feature will no doubt get used though.